Let's spend a day together cultivating FIERCE COMPASSION, PRESENCE and CONNECTION.
- Learn how to fall even more in love with meditation so you'll want to practice regularly.
- Discover how to meditate in a way that works for your body.
- Increase your capacity for self-compassion & empathy.
- Decrease the criticism, shame & judgment that arises in all that mind chatter.
- Learn to respond instead of react to inner and outer challenges.
This Daylong is For You If...
- You've been wanting to learn mindfulness or deepen your mindfulness practice.
- You feel drawn towards incorporating more Metta (Loving-Kindness or unconditional friendliness) practices into your life.
- You are female-identified: folks from all sexual orientations, abilities, ethnicities & beliefs are welcome.
- You are at any level of meditation: new and experienced meditators alike will find depth and nourishment in these practices.
- During the day we will come home to our hearts, settle our minds and create more compassionate relationships with our bodies, hearts and minds.
- Metta (Loving-Kindness) and Mindfulness Meditation Practices
- Talks and Discussions on the teachings of the Buddha around Loving-Kindness & Compassion
- Mindful Movement (gentle and easy for all bodies)
- Creating Connection & Community
Participants in no way need to consider themselves Buddhist to attend or benefit from these teachings. These mindfulness and heart-based practices can benefit folks from all cultures and traditions.
Fierce Heart is about the act of courage, presence and vulnerability that is needed in order to fully love oneself and each other.
This daylong is freely offered. There will be a Dana bowl if you feel moved to offer money but in no way is that expected. Dana is a Pali word, often translated as generosity. It's an opportunity to give from the heart for the teachings and the space rental. It helps the teachings be able to continue so that others can also benefit in the future.
10 AM - 4 PM @ Burning Spirits Yoga - 2025 NE MLK JR BLVD (In the same building as Tiny's Coffee Shop - enter between Tiny's and the hair salon. We're at the end of the hallway).
We'll have a 45 minute lunch break - it can be nice to bring your own lunch to stay mindfully in the space of practice instead of needing to head out to get food.
**Bring your own cushion if you have one, though we have plenty available as well.**