I disappoint people.
I REALLY disappoint people. Sometimes I feel like A SUPER BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Sometimes I really let people down. Piss people off. People feel hurt and misunderstood by me. It used to feel like death to me when I let people down. I LITERALLY wanted to die. Over something as simple as messing up the flavor of ice cream they asked me to pick up for them. The thought of not getting it perfect made my knees shake and my gut rot.
Over time, I learned it’s not that I am a disappointment, it’s that I disappoint people sometimes.Read More
- Could you use some spacious time to come back to your heart?
- Are you stuck in your head and not feeling very connected to your body?
- Have you been bombarded by criticism, judgment and shame?
This 26-minute spacious guided audio practice offers simple instruction in mindfulness meditation and includes offering loving-kindness (Metta in Pali) for yourself. It has been said to be an antidote for fear, hatred and greed. A protection from all those negative, critical and judgmental thoughts the mind creates.Read More
- Got a mind full of shame and blame and judgment?
- Are you down on yourself because you can't get yourself to stop being so hard on yourself and others?
- Focusing on what's wrong all the time?
Guess what??? You're not stuck like this. You're not broken. Mindfulness and self-compassion offers a sustainable path towards creating more space inside yourself to feel a little more gentle, accepting and even FREE from being taken out by these heavy moments with yourself.
I offer this talk as an easy process to practice being in a new way with yourself. It's 13-minutes. Got some time to sit down, put aside any distractions and ponder this with me? If so... here it is...Read More